Welcome to Holmes Central!
I'm Steve Holmes. Here you'll find information about me and how
I can help you and your company.
I am a Business Technologist. Simply put, I combine a deep understanding
of technology with business experience and knowledge to help people
build better companies.
My philosophy regarding technology is simple: "Technology
represents a selection of tools for businesses to use in pursuit
of their objective: Improving Shareholder Value."
With this in mind, following these axioms will help keep technology
projects on the road to success:
- Choose a tool that's right for the job.
- Choose a tool that gives the best value.
- Choose a simple tool over a complex one.
- Choose a tool that can be supported by
you or the developer for at least the life of your project.
- Choose a tool that provides a path for
growth and change in your project and in your company.
- Choose a tool based on well-established
industry standards over a proprietary tool.
- Choose a tool that plays well with other
tools and systems: an open tool.
- Choose a tool that can be implemented
rapidly, so the project can be deployed timely.
- Develop and deploy new systems in parallel
with old systems until everyone is comfortable with the new system.
- Design and planning must include those
most familiar with the business process (management), as well
as those most familiar with day-to-day execution of the business
- Training for the new system is crucial.
- Buy-in and support from top management
is even more important.
Sure, some of these are obvious, but the right tool is not necessarily
the one that is the most well known or the one with the biggest
feature set. It might even be free!
I'm passionate about implementing technology that saves companies
time and money. Let me help you choose and deploy the right technology
to give your company that added competitive advantage.
Please have a look at the other pages of Holmes Central and then
contact me at your convenience.
I look forward to hearing from you.